Work at Flickswitch
Come join an international team working at the forefront of IoT connectivity management.
Why come build your career at Flickswitch?
It takes exceptional people to change the status quo. If you are a no-fluff straight talker with skills to share, Flickswitch may be just the place for you to build your career.
We’re working on software that matters in the real world. We take our work seriously, but not too seriously. Health & Family comes first, always. We’re small and relatively flexible in how we work. We’re in an exciting, rapidly growing sector. IoT, M2M, big data, blah-di-blah – you know the lingo.
Benefits and perks
We value the end result and give a lot of freedom in terms of how you get there. Work where you want to, when you want to, as long as you get the job done!
We believe in quality. We want to give all of our employees all of the tools they need to do their job well.
Bree Street restaurants
Bree street is the premier restaurant spot in Cape Town, and our offices are right there. If you are a foody like the rest of us, you’ll love some lunchtimes.
Goes without saying. We believe that people should be paid a decent salary. We don’t sweat the small stuff either – expense claims will not be a nightmare.
Cultural fit is paramount, and we are all nice. We value intelligence and energy and learning new things. And we have a former actor, tennis-guru, violinist, and Dota champ all under one roof.
We like to make “the office” a great place to work. We also stock your request of fruit and snacks. The best freshly roasted organic African beans are served and always kept topped up. Or walk across the street to get a barrista-prepared one at the Bean There roastery.
Opportunities @ Flickswitch
See a position you’d be perfect for? Apply today.
If smaller companies with a more flexible approach to work is appealing, this is for you.
We’re looking for someone in the Cape Town area – someone nice. Cultural fit is paramount, and we are all nice.
You are an intelligent and energetic go-getter; a person who likes to learn new things. You’re not a coding snob (AKA willing to code in PHP, etc) and above all you are pragmatic. You know that delivery trumps perfection, but have the experience to also know when quick delivery will introduce technical debt. In those cases nothing but perfection will do.
You write well-designed, stable code that can run by itself for many many days at a time.
Sounds like your type of environment? Then get in touch.
B2B Sales (Centurion/Pretoria)
We’re looking for someone in the Northern Gauteng area – someone nice. Cultural fit is paramount, and we are all nice. We want someone who can identify, engage and develop their own pipeline of B2B sales prospects, and nurture them through the sales process towards closing. We want someone who is motivated by, and can achieve, challenging sales targets.
You are an intelligent and energetic go-getter; a person who likes to learn new things.
You are a good communicator in both Afrikaans and English and you like working independently. You are comfortable working in a geographically distributed team working varied hours and can communicate ideas over sub-optimal media such as text messages.
You have good commercial judgement and a proven business development track record. You have broad experience in the mobile telecommunications and technology industries and know your way around the M2M industry.
Your pragmatism allows you to close deals quickly – delivery trumps perfection – and your experience tells you when to walk away from time-wasting activities.
You are flexible – both a “hunter” and a “farmer” and you know when to be which and how to switch between the two.
Sounds exciting? Get in touch.
B2B Sales (Cape Town)
We are looking for an energetic person in a B2B sales role, helping to market and sell our SIM management services to a wide range of industries.
The role is base in Cape Town (City Centre) and is primarily office bound, although some customer visits may be required from time to time.
Cultural fit is paramount, and we are all nice. We want someone who can identify, engage and develop their own pipeline of B2B sales prospects, and nurture them through the sales process towards closing. We want someone who is motivated by, and can achieve, challenging sales targets.
– Professionally handle incoming sales enquiries from business customers
– Efficiently gather information on relevant companies and individuals to target with our services
– Approach potential customers in a professional manner and present our services
– Efficiently manage leads and contact using our CRM system
– Assist the marketing team to create effective sales support material and campaigns
– Work closely with field sales team, passing on relevant leads
– Handle on-boarding of new customers before handover to our support team
– Handle Account Management of existing customers with follow-up communication or specific campaigns.
– You are a energetic self-starter
– You are someone who takes responsibility and “gets on with it”
– You have good commercial judgement and a proven business development track record.
– Your pragmatism allows you to close deals quickly – delivery trumps perfection – and your experience tells you when to walk away from time-wasting activities.
– You have broad experience in the mobile telecommunications and technology industries and know your way around the Telco industry, maybe even with specific M2M experience.
– You are a natural salesperson who enjoys higher-level sales interactions
– You have strong telephone handling, language and active listening skills
– You have a highly developed sense of integrity
– You have a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
If this sounds like something right up your street, get in touch.
Don't see the job that's right for you?
Get in touch and let us know how you’d fit in!